PPG Announces 2017 Show Truck Schedule
PPG’s colourful Show Truck will begin its 2017 U.S. tour on March 10, with the Goodguys 8th Spring Nationals at WestWorld of Scottsdale in Arizona.
It’s the first of 20 appearances on the popular truck’s 2017 schedule, announced by PPG. The appearances include car, truck and hot rod shows and events sponsored by the Goodguys Rod & Custom Association and other prominent automotive enthusiast groups.
The show truck, a massive 75-foot 2016 Freightliner Cascadia tractor-trailer rig, sports a striking paint scheme created by Steve Breakfield and his creative team at Motorhead Racing and Design Co., in Charlotte, N.C.
The unique motif is reminiscent of the Stars and Stripes and displays the spirited colours, radical graphics and matchless special effects possible through PPG’s range of products. Gerber Collision & Glass in Grand Rapids, Michigan, executed Breakfield’s design using premium PPG DELFLEET Evolution products including F3995 Epoxy Primer, the DBC Basecoat System and F3921 2.1 VOC Clearcoat.
This year, Keith MacDonald of PPG will guide the truck. A veteran driver with more than 30 years of on-the-road experience, MacDonald is taking over the driver’s seat for the recently retired Chad Hook, who had been at the wheel since 1999. MacDonald will cover approximately 30,000–35,000 miles annually, steering the truck coast to coast.
PPG is inviting truck and car fans to visit the show truck wherever it stops. Amateur and professional custom car painters, builders and buffs will find the truck to be a great opportunity to learn about PPG’s array of paint products and the variety of techniques available to create outstanding finishes.
Curently, the truck’s tour schedule is as follows:
- 8th Spring Nationals—WestWorld of Scottsdale, March 10–12 / Scottsdale, Ariz.
- 7th Spring Lone Star Nationals—Texas Motor Speedway, March 17–19 / Fort Worth, Texas
- 35th All American Get-Together—Alameda County Fairgrounds, March 25–26 / Pleasanton, Calif.
- 17th Meguiar’s Del Mar Nationals—Del Mar Fairgrounds, March 31–April 2 / Del Mar, Calif.
- 3rd North Carolina Nationals —North Carolina State Fairgrounds, April 28–30 / Raleigh, N.C.
- 12th Nashville Nationals—Nissan Stadium, May 19–21 / Nashville, Tenn.
- 25th East Coast Nationals—Dutchess County Fairgrounds, June 9–11 / Rhinebeck, N.Y.
- 3rd Goodguys Day at the Hay – N. Haymarket Festival, June 17 / Lincoln, Neb.
- Back to the 50s – Minnesota State Fairgrounds, June 23–25 / St. Paul, Minn.
- 26th Heartland Nationals – Iowa State Fairgrounds, June 30–July 2 / Des Moines, Iowa
- 20th Goodguys PPG Nationals – Ohio Expo Center, July 7–9 / Columbus, Ohio
- Syracuse Nationals – New York State Fairgrounds, July 14–16 / Syracuse, N.Y.
- 30th Pacific NW Nationals – Washington State Fair, July 28–30 / Puyallup, Wash.
- 16th Great NW Nationals – Spokane County Fair Center, Aug. 18–20 / Spokane, Wash.
- 20th Colorado Nationals – The Ranch Events Complex, Sept. 8–10 / Loveland, Colo.
- UA Diesel Truck Nationals – Raceway Park, Sept. 16 / Englishtown, N.J.
- 25th Lone Star Nationals – Texas Motor Speedway, Sept. 29–Oct. 1 / Fort Worth, Texas
- 20th Cruisin’ the Coast – Mississippi Coast Coliseum, Oct. 4–8 / Biloxi, Miss.
- 6th Nostalgia Nationals – Beach Bend Raceway Park, Oct. 13–15 / Bowling Green, Ken.
- 20th Southwest Nationals – WestWorld of Scottsdale, Nov. 17–19 / Scottsdale, Ariz.